Monday, August 24, 2009

Just Call Me Mrs. Filip ... literally!

I knew that 5 years of college had to pay off ...
For this year, I did not find employment in my dream district as a full-time teacher, but, I have gotten a very great opportunity that I am VERY excited about. I accepted a 3 month, long term subbing position in a first grade classroom. I LOVE first grade, as I student taught all last semester in a first grade classroom in the same district. I will get the same salary and benefits as a regular teacher (on a pro-rated basis when I am long-term subbing), so all is well in that department. The district is also trying to find me other long-term jobs when this first grade position ends at Christmas Break. If nothing else, I will just be a regular substitute teacher during that time. Still great!
Also, all school-year long, I will be part of an after school program where I will be helping kids with their homework and such two days a week.
With a busy photography business and now teaching and the after school program, I'll be busier than ever - but - a good kind of busy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh kayla, that is awesome! i'm so happy for you, everything is just falling into place perfectly! congrats on the job, the photog business, and especially on your official new title! ;)

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Congrats! The position sounds perfect (although temporary). A good way to get your foot in the door :)

Christy said...

woowhoo!! SO excited for you! Can't wait to hear about your first day!