Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Baby, Baby, Baby ...


My thoughts are consumed these days by everything baby!
Is it a girl? Is it a boy? What will he/she look like!?
What will the nursery end up looking like!?
Either way, boy or girl, the walls and carpeting will remain beige! We just remodeled that room last summer, and neutral floors and walls should look okay with whatever theme/colors I go with!

Here is the crib I purchased yesterday. I LOVE it! (And I scored the mattress for FREE!)
Obviously, it's hard to plan a nursery when we don't know if we are having a boy or a girl. I do not have a preference either way in regards to the gender. But - I think planning a boy room will be much easier ... because there are so many better options out there for boys than girls!

For the girl room, I want this rich, deep, purple-ish-dark pink-ish color:


Problem is, nobody makes anything baby related in that color ... trust me, I have scoured the internet and baby stores for it!

Now, boy will be much easier. I know I want a beachy/ocean theme. I LOVE the beach + I have never seen a baby room decorated like that in person. So, while I know tons of people must do ocean baby rooms, I still feel it's a bit unique! And adorable!

Here are a few that I really like:


(http://www.babysupermall.com ... so I can remember where I found them!)


I will be 15 weeks on Saturday! Baby will have grown to the size of an apple! I have just a little tiny bump so far. I still fit into my regular clothes, although I have purchased quite the stockpile of fun maternity clothes. I am wearing maternity jeans here and there ... because there are SOOOO comfy. (Dare I wear them even after I have the baby!? Nobody would be able to tell if they are regular jeans or maternity, LOL. I love them!)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Kayla... my friend makes AMAZING baby bedding... her website is http://www.froggyleggs.com/ You can pick out ANY fabric you desire from online and design the bedding yourself! Amy Butler... Michael Miller... Moda... beeeaaaauuutiful fabrics! Send her an email and I'm sure she'd be happy to give you some links or vendors to view fabric samples online.

Nicole said...

Kayla... my friend makes AMAZING baby bedding... her website is http://www.froggyleggs.com/ You can pick out ANY fabric you desire from online and design the bedding yourself! Amy Butler... Michael Miller... Moda... beeeaaaauuutiful fabrics! Send her an email and I'm sure she'd be happy to give you some links or vendors to view fabric samples online.