How far along: 35 weeks, 0 days
Total weight gain: 16 lbs
Sleep: I could use a nap during the daytime if I had the time, but I don't. I fall asleep right away at night and sleep all night thru - most nights. It's a little uncomfortable to turn from side to side, but I am comfy otherwise! No complaints! :)
Movement: I don't think the movement feels anything at all like what I "thought" they would. The kicks aren't very strong at all ... I wonder if I have even ever felt a kick, or if that's just another kind of movement? Most of what I currently feel is if the baby is pushing his butt out - just above my belly button. Lately, it feels more like it did in the beginning - just flutters. I use to feel what felt like turns, but not anymore. Baby used to do some strange movement that made my whole stomach literally SHAKE, but that doesn't happen anymore either. I think he is running out of room. I am starting to feel more pressure, which is not fun ... but at 35 weeks, I'm sure that is quite normal!
Food cravings: Usually ALWAYS sweets. I've had cravings for cake more times than I can count! And cake from a box doesn't count. It has to be REAL cake, like the kind at weddings or store bought for birthday parties with the SUGARY FROSTING. I think I've only gotten two pieces of the "real" cake twice during this pregnancy ... I'm always tempted to buy slices from the bakery at the grocery store ... but I've been good! I also crave doughnuts A LOT! Okay, so maybe I've given into that craving a bit more than I should have ... oh maybe 5 or 6 times, lol!
Gender: Boy :)
Labor Signs: None so far.
What I miss: Bubbly alcoholic beverages :)
What I am looking forward to: Maternity leave. In this last part of my pregnancy, I've begun working my 80+ hour work weeks ... so why I am blogging right now (when I should be working)? Anyway, the lack of time to myself or time to just rest when I feel like ti is wearing down on me. I got sick this week, like a head cold kind of thing, and it hasn't been fun AT ALL. I think I am just wearing myself down! Everyone says that I need to take a break and stop working so much ... but this is just how this time of the year is. It'll be crazy/stressful/busy/yucky ... but then it'll all stop and this wonderful thing called MATERNITY LEAVE will come along ... and I won't have to work for 2 months straight. I can't wait. Just Mom + Baby time ... even if I probably won't get to sleep much! :) At least I won't have to go anywhere if I don't feel like it!
Thoughts Right Now: I still really don't feel pregnant. Yes, I have a belly, but honestly, I am taken back when I look in the mirror and see how big my stomach really is getting ... I don't feel that big at all! Such a strange thing! And sure, I am a bit more tired than usual and it's getting kind of painful to bend over, but other than that, I don't really have any complaints with being pregnant (besides that clothing companies need to make better maternity clothes, lol!). Perhaps in the next 5 weeks, things will get a bit harder ... but I feel GREAT at 35 weeks!!
Another Thought: In just 5 weeks, we'll have a baby? Like a real human being is really in there? Hubby and I still can't quite believe it ... crazy we tell you! It's still pretty hard to wrap my head around this! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment