Tuesday, June 10, 2008

{ My Big Brother's Wedding: Part 3 - Reception }

The day started out beautifully...really sunny and hot, but nice. Perfect for a wedding; not a cloud in the sky. By the time the ceremony was over, the tornado sirens were blaring as there were tornado touchdowns in the area and the sky looked like the following photo. Needles to say, there were no outdoor photos, which didn't make the bride very happy. We headed over to the reception at the golf course two hours early, with nothing to do, so that put a damper on the spirit. Thankfully, we were all safe after the storms passed through.



The bride's sister. This photo shows how everyone felt as we got to the reception: sad and a bit scared because of the storm.


The golf course as the storm started.


I happened to snag this photo right away when we got to the reception start, just before the rain started to massively pour down. (It was raining during this photo)


Onto some happier shots.

The gorgeous cake!


Another shot I took of the cake!


Bridal boquet.


The main room. There were 3 joined "rooms" altogether.


The bridesmaid's boquets that were turned into head table centerpieces for the dinner.


The center pieces at all the other many tables! Sooo pretty! They were lit for dinner/dance.


A quiet moment for the new husband and wife: Mr & Mrs. Richards


YUM! Some foodie shots. Seriously the best meal ever...yuuuuuummmm! This first one is Jack Daniels sirlion.Then we have some chicken marsala.
And my slice of the cake. The flavors were: lemon poppyseed, double fudge, chocolate raspberry, and something else that I cannot remember at the moment. ;-)
There are of course a ton of people, group, dancing, party, speech (gasp! I had to do a speech on the spot!), etc shots the "real" photographer took, and I will post some of those when we get them! I was having way too much fun to worry about taking photos! The White Zin can confirm that one! ;-)
Here are some others my grandma just gave me from her camera:
The bridal party during the grand march, and then some of the dances.









No comments: