Friday, December 12, 2008

{My Last Day}



Today is my last day of "pre" student teaching. I've been teaching 6th graders for one quarter full-time, 8 am-4 pm in an elementary school. I have loved EVERY day of it! I could teach here forever.

It's also my last day living in Stevens Point. I've lived here since September 2004 - living in a toal of: 3 dorm rooms and 2 apartments. I'm definately ready to move back home!

So, college is pretty much over! I officially graduate in May 09 (can I get a WOO HOO?), but I have been done with coursework and college classrooms since the end of October.

In the spring, I will be doing my "real" student teaching (although this last experience was as real as it could get!). I will be in one classroom for the full semester, in a grade somewhere between first-third. My exact assignment has not yet been given.

I'm excited for what my future has in store! I am definately seeing the "light" in my tunnel!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll give you one ,, Woo Hoo!! Congrats! I know great things are in store for you with the teaching.

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO! Congrats, Kayla and good luck with your move.

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

That is awesome Kayla! Congrats!

Michele said...

You have done so well these past years - you have grown into a very respectable young women and youll be a great teacher :-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Good luck with your move, hope you're settled in with your man soon. :)