

Now onto the 2008 re-cap!
(I swear I did this last year, but I cannot find it!)
(I swear I did this last year, but I cannot find it!)
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
A few of the most exciting things....
A few of the most exciting things....
Become a 'professional' photographer!
Got engaged!
Student teaching!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't do this ... but for this next year, I just want to keep growing as teacher/photographer and try to be the best wife I can be (coming in July).
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My friend Jacque to Miss Joelee ... Jacque in the photo above
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thankfully, no
5. What states/countries did you visit?
Utah
Illinois
Iowa
...this list will be MUCH longer next year!
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
Completed college degree
More money!
Thankfully these two things go hand-in-hand!
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 7 - My brother's wedding
July 12 - 1st Wedding - Photographer
August 8- Alanna & Joe's Wedding
August 16 - My Mom's wedding
August 31 - Chris + I got engaged
December 2 - Joelee was born
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Having great success in both student teaching and operating my photography business
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't have one. Nothing significant. I'm sure those around me could think of something...but in terms of representing the entire 2008? I can't think of one. I had a very good year.
I don't have one. Nothing significant. I'm sure those around me could think of something...but in terms of representing the entire 2008? I can't think of one. I had a very good year.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Again, thankfully, no.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Chris, for showing me guys arent always complete jerks, lol. Although there were a couple bumps here and there so far....I wouldn't change what we have right now.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Hahhhh....the person who slashed my car tires ... ahem ... someone's ex gf! How immature is that? Who does that?14. Where did most of your money go?
Business15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Wedding Planning + preparing for marriage16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
The Kid Rock one ... All Summer Long17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
happier
b) thinner or fatter?
the same
c) richer or poorer?
poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Travel19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying about everything....
20. How did you spend Christmas?
We had a bunch of different Christmas occasions this year...The Sunday before we went to my mom's and had Christmas with her husband and his family. Then Christmas Eve my mom had a lunch dinner at her house and we did presents with my brother and his wife. On Christmas Day, we got up early and made the drive to Chris's parents house, then went to my dad's sister's house for Christmas on that side, and THEN we went to my grandma's on my mom's side for dinner + present fun.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Oooohhhhh my. Yes I did. Yeeesssss, my friends...I sure did. :-)
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Umm...I didnt watch any TV shows regularly this past year. This was the year of hardly any TV watching. Kept myself busy with other things. But if I had to pick one, I would say One Tree Hill, though, because I watched it when I could catch it.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, but I dislike a couple people now.
24. What was the best book you read?
Twilight ... just started New Moon.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hmmm, this is hard because my favorites are still the same as in 08...Taylor Swift, Kenny, Nickelback, Hinder , etc...But for new music...Matt Nathanson and the Fray are now added to my faves.
26. What did you want and get?
A Passat ... 16-35mm f/2.8L lens .... 50 mm f/1.4 lens ... A diamond ring ... An apartment
27. What did you want and not get?
Canon 5D camera
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Nothing comes to mind. I can though tell you the worse film of the year. Mama Mia was beyond stupid.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 22. Went to dinner with my friends and some family members. Then out for drinks. Low key but fun.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I can't complain much about this past year. It was mostly good. I guess more travel would having made it more satisfying...I really love travel but I only got to go on trip.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
LOL. Sometimes cute. Not hideous. But not always cute.
32. What kept you sane?
Finding someone new to love and be loved by.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Um... I'm one who doesn't care about things like this...
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Don't get me started on this. I know if I really say it, I will offend people who read this blog, and I don't want this to happen. Let's just say ... I don't terribly support the Democratic Party all.
35. Who did you miss?
Someone I've moved on from.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Probably Joelee. She made me very excited for what's ahead. I love watching her big sister grow up and change, and I'm excited to watch the same in Joelee.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
You can only change yourself.
You can only change yourself.
You can only change yourself.
I finally learned this lesson. I definately learned it this year.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"In this moment now, capture it, remember it."
39. How did you ring in the New Year?
Ha....dinner with Chris and then I went out and had a few drinks. Lots of drama in between. How did I actually ring in 09? Asleep on the couch.
40. Do you have a goal for 2009?
To just become a better person all around ... to others, as a teacher, as a photographer, in my relationship, in everything. Continue to grow and to learn and to keep on being inspired.
No comments:
Post a Comment