Saturday, January 17, 2009

Found this sweet website

Website: http://iloveyoumorethanblank.blogspot.com/

Readers fill in the phrase:
I love you more than _________.

I've loved reading these over the past couple days!
I even submitted my own, for Chris to see!

We have an inside joke with Hannah Montana!
Guess which heart I submitted?
Yep, that was ALL ME!
Just had to save it so I can look back on this later on and have some giggles :-)

Fun, happy stuff!


In other news...
We met with our officiant today for the wedding.
He is absolutely great and we loved him!
Chris (who is the ever so shy, never wants to talk kind-of-person) told me at dinner tonight how he is actually excited about meeting with him to talk about stuff more. Yay :-)
David, our officiant, is actually a retired priest who left the Catholic Church to be able to marry. I think that its so cool he was able to marry and end up VERY happy in life -- and now look what he is doing --- making OTHERS so happy by marrying them. Marrying US!
So, its pretty cool how everything with the church end of the wedding ended up. I grew up in a very STRONG Catholic family -- on both my mom and dad's sides -- so my family was kind of freaked out that a "priest in a Catholic Church" will not be marrying us. However, neither Chris nor I are very religious - we are spiritual and we do believe in something "greater," but the Catholic Ceremony wouldn't really work for us and our beliefs.
Anyway -- onto the cool part --- the church we are getting married at used to be a Catholic Church (now turned into a wedding venue), and our officiant is a retired priest. So, all in all, we won't exactly be having the traditional Catholic ceremony, but it's still going to have lots of strong Catholic influences.

2 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Good news Kayla! I am like you...grew up Catholic but am not religious, just spiritual.

Michele said...

Oh Kayla that is great news, so happy for you both.