Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Tastefully Simple

I LOVE the Beer Bread from Tastefully Simple, but its what, like $7 a mix? Then another $6 for shipping or something? No way...

So I did a little search online and I found a copycat recipe for it. Others have said it was just as good as the mix from Tastefully Simple, so I wanted to try it myself!

It's still in the oven, but here's a little pictoral of the process!

I used Leine's Honey Weiss ... the only beer my mom had .... we dont have any, so I had to go "steal" some from her house!


It was quite bubbly ...

Ready for the oven!

I'll post my opinion of the taste when it comes out!
It smells SO GOOD right now! And its only been in the oven for 13 minutes so far!
MMMMM....


But for now, here's the recipe!

Ingredients:
3 cups self rising flour
1/2 cup white sugar
12 oz beer
2 tablespoons melted butter

1. Mix flour, sugar, and beer.
2. Put into a greased bread loaf pan.
3. Spread melted butter over top the last 10 mins of baking.
4. Enjoy, of course!

Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw your recipe.. Thanks... I love this stuff and thought it was getting ridiculous to buy for a loaf of bread!! !I made it and was delish!!