I think I had the best bridal shower ever :-) Thanks to the amazing planning of my sister in law Shannon and my maid of honor Alanna (and to all the other people who I know were involved too!) Alanna even flew in from her new summer home in Philly for the event! It was the best day ever! Truly!
So it started out with me not knowing where the shower would be held (city or location). Even after the invites went out, I didn't get to find out until the day before the shower! It ended up being at Alanna's dad's house in Stoughton. They were orginally going to have the shower down by the amazing pool area and have a fire going down there, but sadly, it ended up being rainy and yucky that day - so they had it inside instead - which was still totally pretty and fun!
As you can see, they planned a Mexican theme (for our honeymoon!). It was SO cute! Like my sombrero?! Ole! It had a cute "Bride to Be" button on it too!

Then onto the yummy food and CUTE decorations! I loved all those tissue paper puffs everywhere! Even in the bathroom! The girls made margaritas for everyone (over 30 guests in all, I think( ... so pretty all sitting out on the tables! The date is wrong on some of these photos, so ignore!


My aunt Christy, me, and Jacque:

The favors were SO CUTE and SO THOUGHTFUL! You all know about my obession with coffee, which Chris now shares, thanks to me .... the favors were little baggies of coffee beans and on the tag, it read: "Kayla and Chris....the PERFECT blend."
WAY TOO CUTE!

My brother wasn't at the shower ... but he did come afterwards to help take all the gifts back to our town ... WOW, I am SO LUCKY to have received such amazing gifts. I cannot thank everyone enough!

My girls: Alanna, me, Burgs

Another photo of me for your viewing pleasure:

Onto the bachelorette party....which was also a surprise! Again, the original plan did not turn out last minute but the 2nd plan was just as fun! (Shannon and Alanna had planned a party cruise for the evening out on Lake Mendota in Madison, but the place called Friday afternoon ... and cancelled on them). We ended up going for dinner at Porta Bella's in Madison, and then onto State Street Comedy Club for some laughs and embaressment! Read on!
First, I forgot my clothes. So I had to go shopping at the mall and scramble to find something last minute ... I think I did well ... even though Alanna was probably SUPER annoyed with me .... as it look like two hours for me to finally find something.
The pre-party events were at the hotel ... complete with dirty questions and naughty gifts for me! Woo hoo! My sash says Sexy Little Bride ... there was a veil too that went with the cute set Shannon got me, but it wouldn't say in my hair.

Now onto dinner... isn't this the cutest place?
Jacque, Kate, Shannonn, me, and Alanna. My mom was with us too, she took the photo.

Some cute shots around Porta Bellas:

I loved this staircase:



Now we are at the Comedy Club ... seated at the front table, of course.
So yeah, front row means attention, of course. Oh boy. So they knew we were celebrating something since I had the sash on, so one of the comedians asked about my wedding, etc. Then that lead into talking about certain body parts .... which turned into him coming up to my mom and stripper dancing by her. So funny, yet so embaressing, lol!
Such a great night! Thanks to EVERYONE!

1 comment:
Oh! It looks like a fabulous time! Your day is getting closer and closer!! =)
Post a Comment