In my initial post announcing my pregnancy, I said I was going to post a lot about it so I could look back at it someday. Here is another one of those posts!
Everyone keeps asking how I am feeling - my response is: TIRED! TIRED! Tiiiiired! I was reading on a website about pregnancy fatigue, and it made me laugh when the article said things that went something like: "You feel like you could fall asleep. Any time. Any where. At your work desk. On your mother in law's couch. In front of someone's garage. In a dirty alley!"
I about laughed out loud reading that, because for me, that is SO TRUE RIGHT NOW! I truly am exhausted! I could sleep anywhere! I usually get home, make dinner, eat, watch about a half hour of 'Two And A Half Men' and I'm totally ZONKED OUT until Chris wakes me up for bed!
I hear (and desperately hope it's true!) that the serious fatigue will start to go away around Week 12. I know I probably won't be back to myself tired-wise for, oh, about 3 years from now (LOL), but I'll be extremely grateful to be just a little less tired all the time!
On other pregnancy related symptoms:
- Morning Sickness: This really hasn't been too terrible. Around Week 7-Week 8, I had serious food aversions ... almost EVERYTHING made me feel sick and grossed me out. I never actually got "sick," but I was pretty queasy for a little while. Things are looking up though, and my eating has gotten back on track. Some foods still make me turn my head the other way (like anything chicken related!), but I really can't complain in this area! Compared to many women, I got off soooo easy in this department!
- Cravings: At first I wanted cheese and bubbly white soda like Sierra Mist. All day. Every day. That quickly went away, and I really haven't had any other cravings yet.
- Showing: I am not showing yet. When I was at the doctor's office the other day, I learned I have actually lost 2 lbs since being pregnant. I assume this is from the couple weeks when I didn't eat very much, due to everything "sounding gross." The baby book also says at this point, I really won't be showing yet, and any "showing" is really due to bloating. I did purchase a belly band from Target though, just in case one of these days my regular pants begin to get a little tight!
- How Big Is Baby? Right now, at 9 weeks, BabyCenter.com says Baby Filip is about the size of a green grape! The doctor said he/she is measuring at about 2 cm in length, from the top of Baby's head to it's bum.
More updates soon, I'm sure of that!
No comments:
Post a Comment