I have wanted to move out of my mom's house for so long. I've also wanted somewhere to live that was steady...I've been in college for 5 years...since then, I've lived in a total of seven different homes. I have made 4 hour roundtrips almost every weekend in that time. I jumped from wherever I was living at college, to my moms, and to significant other's homes. I hate it. Completely hate it. I'm tired of packing and unpacking and living out of bags.On December 12th, I will finally get that. No more going to three different homes in one weekend.
I will live solely at Chris' house.
Our home.
I get to keep my toothbrush, hair dryer, and make up in the same place indefinately. LOL.
While I am absolutely excited about this, it's also harder than I thought it would be to "move out of the nest." A lot harder. I know I am an adult now, have been for awhile, but I am really a "home" person. My mom's house has been my home since I was 7 years old, and it's not even the actual house, its the FAMILY part of it. I hardly get to see my mom anymore (I used to see her every day on the weekends, summers, school breaks). I miss my pets like crazy. I miss my bedroom and just the "feeling" of being at home. It's hard moving my stuff out, and I'm sure its much harder for my mom.
Ahh, growing up.
I have off from student teaching today, so I am spending my day at my mom's house. Sadly, my mom is at work, so I'm just spending the day loving up the pets and my scrapbook room. I haven't really gotten a day for scrapping in SO long. It feels good to have the day to just create. That's one thing that won't change - my scrapbook room - there just isn't room for all my stuff at my new apartment, so I will just be coming back to my mom's house whenever I get that feeling to scrap.
I will post the layouts when I can! Most are for design team stuff!
4 comments:
I remember that. Such a strange feeling. Give yourself time for it all to sink in and go home when you need to. Pretty soon it will all just feel normal!
And, because it's worth saying again - I'm so happy for you!
How exciting!! Congrats on the big move :)
dude!
your getting married!!!!
congrats to you! so very happy for you K!
OMG...squeel!!! yay!
:)
I know you have been looking forward to moving in with Chris for a while now - not long now girl!!!!
Post a Comment