because I have nothing else to blog about right now. ;-)
Outside my window... Hold on, I have to open the blinds (I'm in my office). They always stay shut because I'm usually up here when it's dark out - and it's just creepy when people can look in the windows at you! Ok, outside my window, it is getting dark. I see the street - we live on a corner. Across the street is a city athletic field ... 4 baseball fields, food stands, 2 tennis courts, and a small playground.
I am thinking... a lot about life lately. My husband is a huge fan of "the end of the world" type of movies. In those movies, loved ones die a lot. And I just watched 'P.S. I Love You' last night. Sometimes hubby and I fight ... and I wonder why in the world we ever decided to get married any way. Then those kind of movies remind us how good we really have it, and that we wouldn't want to have it any other way. Thank you, scary and sad movies! ;-)
I am thankful for... a full time job with great benefits. Even though I don't "love" it as much as I love teaching, I'm trying to look at it from a different perspective. In case you're wondering, I work for a school district as the Site Manager for a 21st Century Community Learning Center, funded by the federal government. Also thankful for so many wonderful clients in my photog business.
From the kitchen... Lasagna in the oven tonight. Romaine lettuce salad and garlic bread are waiting to be prepared as well.
I am wearing... a black tank top, jeans, and black socks. And sparkley fake diamond earrings.
I am creating... nothing at the moment, in the crafting world. I haven't scrapped in a long time. Wondering if I'll ever get back into it. Maybe when I have something substantial to actually scrap about ... like kids.
I am going... hmmm - nothing planned currently. SAD! We might do a last minute vacation between Christmas and New Years if Chris can get off of work, and if we can get a good deal. I REALLY want a get away before the kiddos start coming, and that week will be our last chance. I can't take off of work and either can Chris any other time. (The kiddo thing, by the way, hopefully that'll happen sometime in the next year or so).
I am reading... Aw, man. Does peering thru the Pottery Barn catalog count?! Answering these questions really makes me realize how crazy busy I have been lately with work and my photography business! No free time the last 3-4 months ... yuck! I have one more session to work on, and then I have NO photography commitments to do until May! Looking forward to enjoying the simple things again, like reading. Don't gag, but I want to read the 4th Twilight book.
I am hoping... this weird stomach ache I have isn't going to turn into the stomach flu. Yikes - sure feels like thats what it is.
I am hearing... Chris playing XBox downstairs and my dog pouncing on my cat.
Around the house... things are slowly coming around. A recent improvement has been putting in a new garage door and opener. We also just spent what seems like a life savings on a new John Deer snowblower ... hard to pay that much for something like that, but we'll be thankful when it snows and we don't have to shovel.
One of my favorite things... Quiet mornings when I can sit on my couch & drink coffee while watching 'Sell This House' on HGTV ... I work a split shift everyday, first from 6:45-8:30 at one school, and then from 11:15-5:15 at my main school. Every morning I get home at 8:35, heat up a cup of coffee, and watch one episode. Then I get to work on my photography stuff til I leave at 11. So, that half hour of quietness and relaxation is awesome.
A few plans for the rest of the week... School job work: Get registration completed and entered into the database for the 2nd semester & get confirmation letters sent out to parents; Photography work: finish editing my last session; Personal life: get this house super cleaned up & tidy, get/put up/decorate Christmas tree
No comments:
Post a Comment