- Alarm at 5:30 am
- Leave for work at 6:45
- 7:00 Work Part 1 starts - morning program with kids at Lincoln Elementary, A.M. Site Manager
- 8:30 Work Part 1 ends
- 8:35 Get home, 2nd cup of coffee
- 8:35-11:00 Work Part 2: Photographer; Editing business photos, emails, billing, etc
- 11:00 Leave for Work Part 3
- 11:15 Arrive at Work Part 3 - Site Manager for Jefferson Junction at Jefferson Elementary
- 5:00/5:15/5:30ish Work Part 3 Ends
- 5:30ish Arrive Home, Make Dinner, Clean Up Dinner
- 6:00/6:30ish Work Part 4 Begins: Photographer; Editing business photos, emails, billing, etc
- 10:00 Bedtime
- Speed forward to 5:30 am: Do it all over again the next day...
My usual weekend, the past 7 months:
- 24 Saturdays: Wedding Photographer, 12 hour days
- Sundays: Client meetings, engagement sessions, senior sessions, family sessions, catch up on housework, catch up on businesswork
I am happy to report ... that this SATURDAY and SUNDAY ... I HAVE OFF!!!
Thankful for a little break from this kind-of-crazy-lifestyle.
Also thankful for ... making a good choice for ME ... not my bank account. I have decided to only book 12 weddings for 2011. This is exactly half of the weddings I photographed/worked this year. And my number of coverage hours has decreased from 12 to 9. Looking forward to a little more relaxation in 2011! Only 1 more contract that I'm waiting for in the mail ... and I'm all booked! (Woo hoo!)
1 comment:
good for you Kayla! you are way too young to work yourself like that and will be paying for it down the road. and it's most important to get some rest and quality time with your hubby! so big congrats to your new work schedule, sounds a bit more manageable ;)
btw, so glad to see you blogging again!
Post a Comment