Thursday, August 11, 2011

Are Moms Allowed To Have Wish Lists?

I'm already starting to get that feeling of ... "Well, maybe I shouldn't spend money on _____, I really should put the money towards the baby's _____."

Example: I had Kohl's Cash to use up the other day, and instead of buying something "fun for me" with it, I stocked up on some summer clothes for the baby for next year. Which, okay, that WAS fun to buy baby stuff, but I am wondering:

Is it okay to for me want fun things for me, too? Without feeling super guilty that it might take out moola from his college fund, etc, etc some day?

Am I nuts for already having these thoughts, while I am still pregnant!?

What exactly am I itching for, you ask?
A new lens. Maybe new lensES.
Which, I guess technically isn't "just for fun."
I own and operate a business that happens to, um, NEED good equipment to thrive.
So, that should equal to, yes, it's okay to spend your hard earned dollars on that!
And I need big tax expense write offs.
But, for some reason, the "Mom" in me sort of feels guilty.
Goes back to the same old: "But I have gotten by without it so far. So I do really need it?"

Here are the beauties I have my eyes on (that I would love to have my HANDS on!):

EF 70-200mm f/2.8L
-I am looking to get a new 70-200, since I dropped mine a few weeks ago. Just not sure if I should upgrade or just get the same version of the one I have.

Canon 100mm f/2.8L
-This macro lens would be fabulous for wedding details and newborn shots. I have heard it also makes a spectacular portrait lens.

Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro
-The non-L Series version. It has good reviews ... and about half the price of the L Series version. I love my L Series lenses so much, I'm almost afraid I'd regret not just getting the L Series of this one.


Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L
-I've just heard awesome things about this lens in general. I think I like the idea of not having to walk around so much at weddings because of the zoom feature.

So, I don't know. Hopefully after writing this post, I'll have clearer thoughts on all of this.
Will keep you posted if I decide to purchase any! That would be a very exciting day!

No comments: