Monday, June 08, 2009

At {40} Days To Go...


It was a candy buffet day.

I've been getting nervous that our blue + orange candy buffet won't look "good" once it's all set up. Will the colors look too clashy? Do we have a big enough variety of candies? Etc, Etc, Etc...

I went shopping with Katelyn today after school/work and tried finding better candies for the table. Not very much luck. I turned Bridezilla and started freaking out too much about the candy! How can a bunch of sugar really be this big of a deal? It's amazing how something that can seem so small can turn into such a big deal while wedding planning!

I ended up just ordering some cute taffy (see above) and various flavors of old fashioned orange sticks. I think I am officially DONE with buying the candy! Yay! (Except for the cotton candy, if we decide to do that, which we will purchase the week of the wedding)

Then I went over to my mom's house and put the candy we had (the wrapped stuff anyway) into their designated glass containers. I was surprised how nice everything actually looked.

Some candies that will be on our candy buffet:
  • Saltwater Taffy
  • Old Fashioned Candy Sticks
  • Aqua + White Rock Candy
  • Pillow Dinner Mints, in both aqua and orange
  • Sangria White Chocolates (white + orange drizzle)
  • Almond + Chocolate + Coconut candies (which we'll wrap in aqua foils)
  • Various lollipops (aqua + orange, of course!)
  • Vanilla Tootsie Rolls in the aqua wrappers
  • Assorted Hershey's Miniatures, wrapped in various aqua + orange scrapbook papers
  • Cookies 'n' Cream Kisses (because they are in the aqua wrapper)
  • and more!
Oh - today I also poked holes thru the adornments and stuck the twistie thru so they are ready to go when guests want to close their baggies!

What will day {39} bring tomorrow!?

2 comments:

Steph said...

I think the colors look great together! And I also think you got lots of candy variety. :)

Mrs. Boom said...

Sounds delicious and I think the the colors will look great together!

I'm glad you found your dream dress! Actually, I added the lace bolero to mine at the last minute because I always just felt it was missing something. Once I had that jacket, it turned into my dream dress :-) In any case, you'll be a gorgeous bride and I can't wait to see the pics!