Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Now What?

Today was my last day of student teaching.
Now where will life take me?

It's kind of an uneasy feeling not having any idea what the next few months will bring - will we have to move for a job for me? Will I be subbing in the town we live in? Lots of questions. It's a kind of scary but still an exciting time!

I had a great last couple of days. The kids' last day was yesterday and today was a teacher in service. Here is a cute basket full of teacher goodies I received that all the teachers in the building contributed to:


It's full of books, reward certificates, stamps, bulletin board stuff, and more! Such a cute idea! I love it! It was such a surprise to receive!

My teacher I've been working with also got me a some cute gifts. Our first graders loved the Magic Tree House series, so she got me the first 15 books and had each of the kids write a message to me in one of the books. SUCH a cute idea! She also got me a 2009 graduation picture frame and put a picture of the kids and I in it. The frame had a photo mat in it, so the kids signed all around the mat. I loved it!

I was so lucky to work with such giving and nice people! I do not have ONE complaint about my student teaching experience! I learned so much about teaching and got many great ideas. I was SO SO lucky! Now I just need a classroom of my own ... I'm trying to stay optimistic about the job market!

Here is the little gift I made for each student for the end of the year. Inside the baggie was a picture of me with the kids, a pencil, some candy, and stickers:


Wedding News....

Yesterday at Day 39, I didn't do anything related to the wedding. I guess if you count emailing Christy about photography it counts! But, I didn't do anything too productive!

Today is Day 38. Here are some things I am going to accomplish this evening:
  • Get the DJ sheet out
  • Get the church stuff out
  • Begin designing and printing the note paper for our "Wishes" station

2 comments:

Michele said...

You have come so far chick.
Im very proud of you.
Sucks being so far away, but ill make it up to you when I see you in September :-)

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Congrats Kayla :) Its so fun to have watched you grow up over the years and now look at you, a soon-to-be-married teacher! You should be very proud of your hard work, you will make a great teacher. I wish you luck in finding a job :)