Really! Really!
Take your time and understand (unlike me) that it is OKAY TO WAIT last minute for some/a lot of things! You'll save a lot of money and frustration! ;-)
Disclaimer: I know, I know ... it's just ONE day, so why get so nit-picky and stressed about it ... but it's OUR ONE day ... I came into this whole wedding thing with the idea that yeah, it is just another day, so why spend thousands and thousands on it?
Through the process, though, I have really thought about how we only get to do this once, so it really SHOULD be everything I've wanted -- and that it is okay to put more into this than I actually thought.
Let's see ...
Back in October when we were planning all this, SO many things I thought I wanted/planned have changed! Some of these were NOT by my choice, however, but what can you do?
We are now on the 2nd (or 3+ in some cases!):
-1st dance song
-Tiny Mexico beach wedding turned into a hometown-ish traditional/big wedding
-hair salon
-flower shop
-ring bearer
-church + minister
-bridal gown (so sorry, Mom!)
-veil (I now have three...)
-shoes
-jewelry (sorry, again, Mom!)
-tux colors
-and I'm sure there are many, many, more....
Take your time and understand (unlike me) that it is OKAY TO WAIT last minute for some/a lot of things! You'll save a lot of money and frustration! ;-)
Disclaimer: I know, I know ... it's just ONE day, so why get so nit-picky and stressed about it ... but it's OUR ONE day ... I came into this whole wedding thing with the idea that yeah, it is just another day, so why spend thousands and thousands on it?
Through the process, though, I have really thought about how we only get to do this once, so it really SHOULD be everything I've wanted -- and that it is okay to put more into this than I actually thought.
Let's see ...
Back in October when we were planning all this, SO many things I thought I wanted/planned have changed! Some of these were NOT by my choice, however, but what can you do?
We are now on the 2nd (or 3+ in some cases!):
-1st dance song
-Tiny Mexico beach wedding turned into a hometown-ish traditional/big wedding
-hair salon
-flower shop
-ring bearer
-church + minister
-bridal gown (so sorry, Mom!)
-veil (I now have three...)
-shoes
-jewelry (sorry, again, Mom!)
-tux colors
-and I'm sure there are many, many, more....
At this point am I happy with how everything turned out? YES! I am beyond excited and completely happy with how everything has turned out. And so completely thankful and appreciative to my parents for funding the whole day.
NOW ---
for all you guests who were invited but have yet to return your response card --
SEND IT!
IT HAS FREAKING STAMP ON IT READY TO GO!
Send it, please!?
I know I said July 6th, but I'm starting to get nervous. ;-)
{32} days to go!
1 comment:
went in the mail today!! I was surprised that you had such a late date on it. It will all come together -- can't wait to capture it!
Post a Comment