Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Today...

Outside my window... Is a very hot day, 94 degrees. Poor Chris doesn't get AC at work! I am enjoying the indoors today. Yesterday I spent most of the day outside picking strawberries and swimming in our pool. I got burned a little on my body. And, I'm assuming my left eye got sun burned ... if its possible to get sun burned eyes. I could barely open my eye this morning and it was burning and watering like crazy. Ouch.


I am thinking... That Jon Gosselin is a POS and should listen to the opening line of his own show ... "We're a family and we're in this together." Not, "I'm Jon and I think I should do whatever I think I want and give up on my family because things are a little tough at the moment." Of course, I don't know the whole story, but, it's really been bothering me since Monday how easy people give up on marriage. Obviously, Kate didn't want to give up on it, but was left with no other choice. So sad. It really gets to me when they said on the other episode, "We have swiftly grown apart." Well, again, I probably have no feet to stand on with my opinions since I've never been married or on a reality TV show or had 8 kids, but my thoughts: if you moved apart SO FAST, why not take some more time and work together and see if you can come back TOGETHER again?





I am thankful for... a great husband to be who can be a little annoying at times (OK, a lot of times, lol). BUT, and the end of the day, I love him all the same and I wouldn't have my life any other way.




From the kitchen... I am thinking grilled chicken breasts for dinner tonight. And then a broccoli/stuffing/cheesy side dish bake. Usually I cook the chicken, cut it up, and put it in with the other stuff and make one big casserole... but I'm really hungry for Chris' yummy chicken on the grill. He's a good griller. :-) YUM.






I am wearing... a cute coral tank and putty colored capris. Summer clothes are fun :-)



I am creating... I actually scrapped today. It was for the Blue Crew ... I got to work with some really fun American Crafts goods for the upcoming three months.



I am going... camping this weekend in Michigan! Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! We are going to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes. The boys are going to ride their toys on the dunes, and my friend Kate and I are going to relax at the campsite and make our way to the beach! Here is a pic of what the Dunes look like:




I am reading... I started the third Twilight book the other day - Monday. I read it during a car ride, and what I read of it was good ... I am not sure if I will continue reading it. As a 23 year old (as in: not a teenager) ... the whole "Ohmygosh Edward is such a perfect guy I love him I love him I love him." stuff makes me gag. Seriously. Honestly. Gag. Not sure if I can handle it. I mean, COME ON! Bella would rather lie to her family and run off and turn into a vampire and risk killing humans just because "OH EDWARD I LOVE YOU!" Kinda annoys me. Maybe she did make it all work in the end (4th book) and everyone including her family is happy ... but I don't like the siutation enough in the 3rd book enough to read on. Oh well, right? Hmm .... anyway, I did hit up the local library today and picked up some fun magazines and chick lit for the 7 hour, one-way, car ride to Michigan .... I got some Meg Cabot books .... she rocks, she's the lady below .... can't wait to read them!




I am hoping... that we have tons of fun this weekend! And that everything will work out once we get to Michigan and the boys will get to ride on the Dunes! Ohhh...and I am very much hoping we remember to get the sand from the beach/Dunes for our sand ceremony for the wedding!



I am hearing... TLC's "Wedding Tips" commercial ... only thing I retained from it was, "Consider having your wedding in the off season to save some money." Would it really matter what season it's in? Now I'm hearing Jon & Kate + 8 re-run playing -- kind of ironic that they are talking about their family's goals ("mission statement") they planned. It breaks my heart! They said they will never let anything break their family. JON!? What happened to that? Even if there was no "other woman" (which I firmly believe there was) ... he still decided that himself and what he wanted to do was more important than his family.... anyway .... family is important to me. Keeping a family together is very important to me, if you haven't noticed. And obviously, I have NO CLUE what having my own family is like, or even a marriage for that matter. BUT, this whole thing between Jon & Kate makes us want to make it work all that much more.



Around the house... Around my house is messy. I swear, every time I get it cleaned up, it gets messy again. Well, the kitchen is clean. The bathroom is clean. The other mess is clutter and I've finally realized the constant clutter is called LIVING.



One of my favorite things... is traveling. Going to new places not only gives great memories and experiences, but also extends to photo ops which leads to great scrapbooking ops!



A few plans for the rest of the week... try to clean up the clutter, finish editing 2 mini photo sessions, and ENJOYING OURSELVES camping!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I don't have air at work either right now and I'm dying so I feel for Chris. ugh!

You'll have a blast at the sand dunes! I haven't been there in awhile - but it's fun. :)

Toni said...

This was a great post!!